Atomix Adventures

I had seen this article in newspaper on August 2006. Since then somehow it has always there in my mind. But after such a long time, I forgot both the artist and the name of work. Finally googling with some matching words I found the beautiful work of art.

Hey, I wish I was there in Australia, when this work of art was exhibited. I’ve never been there, but I would had loved to watch it directly, if the pictures itself are so beautiful, how beautiful it would be really to watch. It looks too wonderful and colorful, a room full of art work by Australian artist Nike Savvas. Her art piece consisting of over 50,000 polystyrene balls at the New South Wales Art Gallery in Sydney August 3, 2006. The sculpture titled 'Atomix - Full of Love, Full of Wonder' , vibrates with wind from 10 fans and represents the different 'shimmering' colours in a hot, outback landscape. It is part of a sculpture exhibition 'Adventures with Form in Space' that was open to the public. The spray-painted balls, attached to strings of fishing line, vibrate when wall-mounted fans are switched on, and took 10 days to install. Great. Marvelous results

Artist Nike Savvas, 42, said she was partly inspired by the French artist George Seurat, who covered his canvas in tiny dots to create landscapes, but also admitted homesickness was an influence. She said, explaining that the colours are layered to represent the sky and red sand. "The shimmer it takes on when it vibrates is a bit like … heat haze. The further back you stand, the more you see it."





That looks incredible. Real Nice work! How I wished, I had seen it in person.












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

music 9000

The Forest

Different Worlds

Sleep Well

Privacy Policy for nirvanajuncture.blogspot.com

My Bookmarks

Points to Ponder

Simple Warli Art

Learn From Your DOG

Happiness Voyage