Moonlit Night

I just love this poem - one of the best poem




Moonlit Night – Tu Fu

Tonight in Fu-chou my wife will be watching this moon alone.
I think with Tenderness, of my far-away little ones,
too young to understand about their father in Ch'ang-an.

My wife's soft hair must be wet from the scented night-mist,
and her white arms chilled by the cold moonlight.
When shall we lean on the open casement together
and gaze at the moon until the tears on our cheeks are dry?


Tu Fu (or Du Fu, 712-770) is considered China's greatest poet, recognized for his lyricism, sentiment, use of precise images and metaphors, his treatment of self, ambition, war, culture, and fate. But perhaps Tu Fu's most pointed theme is the classic dilemma of the intelligent and the sensitive: service or seclusion, duty versus reclusion.[Read More]


.

.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

music 9000

The Forest

Different Worlds

Sleep Well

Privacy Policy for nirvanajuncture.blogspot.com

My Bookmarks

Points to Ponder

Simple Warli Art

Learn From Your DOG

Happiness Voyage